NOTE: Every time a Survey is created, five email templates are created. One for common collection messages and four others for workflow email alerts (for contacts, leads, users and campaigns). The email template's name will have the same name as the survey itself and two tags to identify each. Each email template will need to be used with its corresponding Survey when setting up the email alert for the desired workflow rule. (more info)
In this example, every time a Case is closed a survey is sent to a related contact associated with the Case.
1. Setup a public site first. (Instructions here)
2. Select a survey
3. Ensure the survey is allowing data collection:
4. Click 'Setup'
5. Click 'Create'
6. Click 'Workflow & Approvals'
7. Click 'Workflow Rules'
8. Click 'New Rule'
9. Select object for the workflow and click 'Next'
10. Make selections shown below
11. Select 'New Email Alert'
12. Make selections shown below
13. Select the correct email template
14. Make selections shown below
15. Click 'Activate'
16. Once the rule is created, the email template you selected needs to be modified.
Go to Email templates and select the appropriate template
17. Click 'Edit HTML Version' to edit the content.
18. Replace the highlighted part of the URL with the site domain url you created in Step 3 - Site configuration
Domain site url: