Available for Enterprise and Unlimited editions only
(Sending surveys automatically leverages Salesforce's standard workflow rules available only on Enterprise and Unlimited editions)
Timba Surveys sends surveys automatically using Salesforce's standard workflow rules for standard objects. In this example, we will use a workflow rule to send a survey to the related contact associated with a case when the case is closed. This feature is flexible enough to send surveys using any standard object with contacts and users as related entities.
NOTE: Every time a Survey is created, five email templates are created. One for common collection messages and four others for workflow email alerts (for contacts, leads, users and campaigns). The email template's name will have the same name as the survey itself and two tags to identify each. Each email template will need to be used with its corresponding Survey when setting up the email alert for the desired workflow rule (step 10).
First, ensure the survey is allowing data collection:
1) Click 'Setup'
2) Click 'Create'
3) Click 'Workflow & Approvals'
4) Click 'Workflow Rules'
5) Click 'New Rule'
6) Select object for the workflow and click 'Next'
7) Make selections shown below
8) Select 'New Email Alert'
9) Make selections shown below
10) Select the correct email template
11) Make selections shown below
12) Click 'Activate'
In the example above, every time a Case is closed a survey is sent to a related contact associated with the Case.
This feature is flexible enough to allow any workflow as long as the following two conditions are met:
- Apply a workflow rule and use the email template for that particular survey
- The selected object for the workflow rule should have related Contacts or Users